Monday, June 1, 2009

Herbes de Provence Chicken


This was one of my souveniers from my trip. At H.E.B., this stuff is $25.00 an ounce. In France, a big bag was less than $10. It's a mixture of herbs from the area, including lavender. It just tastes like France to me. I had to have some and didn't really know what to do with it. Lotta said to just put it on everything!! We tried this and it was great--Riley even loved the creme fraiche with his veggies.

Herbes de Provence Chicken

4 chicken breasts, halved
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 T lemon juice
1 T Herbes de Provence
Combine ingredients except chicken. Place marinade and chicken into ziploc bag to marinate. Let marinate at least 30 minutes. Grill until done.
Serve with creme fraiche mixed with 1 T of Herbes de Provence and 1 T minced garlic.

Serve grilled chicken with a tablespoon or two of sauce on top...and your veggies too!

1 comment:

  1. I love herbs de provence too. It's so earthy. I like it on pork tenderloin (recipe on my blog) it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete