Saturday, October 1, 2011

Spinach Bacon Egg Bake

It's been so long since I've posted and I've made so many yummy things.  I must get back on track!  My favorite season is here and I have to get back into my food blog and other food blogs to find exciting new soup recipes, pumpkin recipes, etc.  I love fall!! 

It's been so long since I've actually been able to make breakfast on Saturday morning because of our t-ball schedule and church Sunday morning.  Today our game isn't until 4:00, so last night was my chance to put together this "Do Ahead Egg Bake" (that is it's original recipe title, but it's not interesting enough for me) I've been wanting to try.

Riley had seconds...and asked for some hot sauce on it too! 

Spinach Bacon Egg Bake

8 eggs
3 cups milk
8 cups French bread cubes (3/4 inch....this was almost an entire loaf)
1 pkg. frozen, chopped spinach (thawed, squeezed dry)
12 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
1 (8oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided

Whisk eggs and milk in large bowl until well blended.  Stir in bread.  Add spinach, bacon, and 1 1/2 cups cheese; mix lightly.

Pour into 13x9 inch baking dish (I used a 2.5 quart Pyrex) sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining cheese.  Cover; refrigerate overnight.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, or until top is puffed and golden brown.

(http://www.kraftfoods.com/)

(Serves 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment