Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hummus

I've always liked hummus, but it's not been my go to dip.  Now it is because it's the only one I can eat.  I didn't want to buy one that contained processed foods, so I emailed my trusty friend Greta, knowing that she would have a good one.  It is!!  I'm glad I have it, this one's a keeper.

Greta's Hummus

2 cups chick peas, soaked and cooked (equals 1 cup of dry)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 T lemon juice
1/4 cup water
3 T tahini
1 t. cumin (I probably used 1T)
1/2 t. paprika
1 jalapeno--seeded and veined and diced (optional)

Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.  Use a variety of ingredients to make different flavors (kalamata olives, pesto, sun dried tomatoes, fresh herbs, etc.)  Great on toast, with veggies, on sandwiches to replace fattening mayo, with crackers, and of course on toasted pita!

*I made mine with kalamata olives and love it!  Best hummus ever!  I eat it with cucumber slices.*

Thank you, friend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment