Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Clean Eating

I have a backlog of recipes to share, but right now my focus is on clean eating.  My husband and I (yes, he was coerced) are doing a 10 day cleanse.  It's not anything over the top, just back to the basics.  It's a mild cleanse and we're eating fruits, vegetables, and fish mostly.  No dairy, no sugar, no beef, no pasta, no bread, etc.  It's been easier than I thought...and easier (for us) than some other cleanses where you only drink veggie/fruit smoothies.

Breakfast has been a shake with fruit.
Lunches have been salads or tuna.
Dinners have been pretty fantastic.

I've come across some recipes that we did on this 10 day cleanse from some of my usual sources like www.foodnetwork.com, www.myrecipes.com, but also my eyes have been opened to some new clean eating food blogs (www.mygraciouspantry.com, www.cleaneatingmama.com) and I'm so thankful for these new resources.

Keep in mind, I had to find something my family would eat.  Kids and all.  These were hits and will be recipes I make again.

It's been a learning experience and I've definitely gained more (knowledge) than I've lost (chocolate, Chuy's, and 5 pounds so far)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment