Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Asian Edamame and Carrot Salad

This recipe is from Family Fun magazine.  I clipped it long ago because it was pretty (bright green and orange)! I thought my boys would eat it.  Well, I made it for the cleanse and I loved it!!

Asian Edamame and Carrot Salad

1 pound edamame (frozen, shelled)
3 grated carrots
pinch of salt
3 T rice vinegar
2 T soy sauce
2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
1 T sugar (I omitted for cleanse and used Stevia)

Cook edamame according to package directions.  Drain, rinse in cold water and blot dry with a paper towel.  Toss in large bowl with grated carrots and a pinch of salt.

In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar, 2 T of soy sauce, 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil, and a tablespoon of sugar.  Pour this dressing over vegetables, tossing well.  Serve immediately or refrigerate--it's even better the next day.

**To fill me up as a main dish for lunch, I added a small can of tuna right on top of it and could eat this one often!**

(www.familyfun.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment