Friday, July 6, 2012

Homemade Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream

The 4th of July was the perfect time to try this one!  (In reality, EVERY day would be a great day to make this ice cream!  Next year I might add blueberries, but I was just too excited to try this one as it was!  I actually found it on Pinterest, from www.trickschefs.com the day before I made it.  Of course we had hamburgers and hot dogs to accompany our ice cream, but it wasn't near as beautiful!!



 Before I started, these cherries begged for a photo shoot!
 Homemade Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream

2 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 t. almond extract
2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and halved

Mix cream, milk, and sugar.  Stir in sugar until dissolved.  Add vanilla, almond extract, then stir in cherries.  Pour into ice cream maker and churn until ready (I set my timer for 20 minutes).  Serve immediately or put into container and freeze longer to harden.


 Oh my gosh, so delicious!  My 2 year old said, "Some mo-ah Mommy!"  I felt exactly the same way.


No comments:

Post a Comment