Monday, July 9, 2012

"From Scratch" Pancakes

We had pancakes for dinner tonight!  I wasn't in the mood to cook and clean, didn't want to go anywhere,  and Russ said, "Pancakes for dinner!"  Perfection.  It's been such a lazy Sunday around here since we got home from church, even had the blessing of some much needed rain today!

I didn't plan to make these, I was going to use the Aunt Jemima mix in the pantry....but there wasn't enough.  I knew I had a recipe for some from scratch pancakes in my cookbook.  I loved this recipe long ago, but haven't made it in years.

Tonight it was such a hit that Russ said they were the best pancakes ever, Riley said "I could eat a dozen!" and thankfully had 5, and Russ even said, "What's the point of ever buying pancake mix again?"  I couldn't agree more.

"From Scratch" Pancakes

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)
1 cup milk
1 large egg
Fruit and syrup

Start with dry ingredients, stir in wet, mix until well blended.  Heat large nonstick skillet or griddle to medium heat, spray with cooking spray.  For each pancake, I use 1/4 cup of batter.  When pancake surface is filled with bubbles and they start to pop, flip the pancakes.



 Serve with fruit and syrup.  Fabulous.





No comments:

Post a Comment