Sunday, July 15, 2012

3 Bean Edamame Salad

As usual, I had to deviate from the original recipe and make it work for my meal and the ingredients I had on hand.  This recipe is one shared by my friend Rachael long ago.  Originally, it's made with black-eyed peas and it's fabulous.  But for dinner tonight, I felt like corn went much better with the Chicken Nacho Bake, so I just used corn instead!



3 Bean Edamame Salad
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can blackeyed peas, drained and rinsed
NOT 1/2 cup chopped red onion
2 cups thinly sliced celery (I skipped this one too)
zest & juice from 1 lime
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves finely chopped garlic
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper



Heat oil in skillet until hot but not smoking; add cumin and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds. Pour into large heatproof bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and stir well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (In my opinion, it tastes better the longer you wait before serving, even overnight.)



No comments:

Post a Comment