Saturday, June 16, 2012

Chicken Cortez

I'm not sure where this recipe came from because it was handwritten, by me, copied from who knows where, and I've hung onto it for a long time.  I'm glad I did, because this marinade was great--right up our alley!

Chicken Cortez

1 6 oz can pineapple juice
2 T lime juice
1T white vinegar
6 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 t chili powder
1/4 tsp black pepper (is it really necessary to measure black pepper?)
1 T olive or canola oil
2 chicken breasts, halved (I actually put 5 whole chicken breasts into this recipe for dinner that night and for a pasta salad the next)

Prepare marinade and let sit overnight (I let it sit about 3-4 hours probably, but longer would be best).  Prepare coils, cover grill with foil.  Drain marinade and reserve.  Grill until cooked through.  These were perfectly cooked, juicy and delicious!  Thanks, Babe!




No comments:

Post a Comment