Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mother Load Pretzels

I made these last year for my friends at school and they were a hit. Take it from me, I ate plenty along the way! Greta made them this year...and shared them with me (thank you)! I was reminded how good they were and that I never got around to posting the recipe.

Mother Load Pretzels


1 package (10 ounces) pretzel rods
1 package (14 ounces) caramels
1 tablespoon evaporated milk
1-1/4 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butterscotch chips (I substituted peanut butter chips)
2/3 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted

With a sharp knife, cut pretzel rods in half; set aside. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with milk. In a large shallow bowl, combine the chips, toffee bits and walnuts.
Pour caramel mixture into a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Dip the cut end of each pretzel piece two-thirds of the way into caramel mixture (reheat in microwave if mixture becomes too thick for dipping). Allow excess caramel to drip off, then roll pretzels in the chip mixture. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container.

(Makes 4 1/2 dozen)
(From Taste of Home magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment