Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Crunch

I'm craving this stuff and can't wait to get home and make a batch. For the last few years, my high school helper has given me this Christmas goodie as a gift before the holidays. It never seems to make it home, I just pick at it until it's gone. I finally had to make my own and share it with my family--it was a hit! The kind of thing people say, "Get this away from me" about--and it's a good thing!

Christmas Crunch

1 box Crispix cereal
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup peans (I substitute pretzels)
1 bag popped microwave popcorn
1 lb. butter (I use 3 sticks instead of 4)
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups brown sugar
*optional: red and green M&M's
*another option: pistachios and dried cranberries

Mix Crispix, almonds, pecans, and popcorn together in large foil roasting pan. Set aside.

In sauce pan, heat sugar, butter, vanilla, syrup, and baking powder. Cook until boiling. Boil 5 minutes (or until glossy). Pour over cereal; mix. Bake at 225 degrees for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes.

Wish I had some so I could post a photo for you. And eat, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment