Thursday, December 17, 2009

Warm and Cozy

We all love to be cozy and my son appreciates it more than anyone. To him, cozy is snuggling with a blanket--the green one, taking of his shoes and socks, and sitting right next to someone he loves.

This recipe makes me warm and cozy. I grew up spending so much time with my grandparents and my grandmother made batches of Spiced Tea for friends to share during the holidays. When I went to college, she had to make a batch for me, it was a special treat as a little girl that made me feel grown up, like their coffee. As I got older, it was something that warmed me up from the inside out and reminded me of my Nana with every sip.

I wish I could share a cup with her right now. It's a windy, cold day and who couldn't use a little warm and cozy?

Spiced Tea

18 oz Tang
1 cup instant tea
2 1/2 cups sugar
20 oz. instant lemonade
2 tsp. powdered cloves
2 tsp cinnamon

Blend all ingredients carefully and store in airtight container.
Add 2-3 T to a mug of hot water.
There you have it, warm and cozy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment