Sunday, November 22, 2009

Creamy Broccoli Soup

After Mom and I talked about this soup when she brought the Chicken Noodle, she waited a few days and made a batch (YAY)! Growing up at home, I loved it when she made this soup--it was by far my favorite meal. I would eat more than I could handle and make myself miserable...because I knew it would be a while before she made it again. I'm sorry to say THAT hasn't changed. Ugh.

This may be the soup that made me a soup lover. I have to share!


Creamy Broccoli Soup

4 medium carrots, cut in narrow, 1 inch strips

2 stalks celery, finely chopped

1 1/2 cups broccoli, finely chopped

1 cup cauliflower, finely chopped

1 1/2 cups water, salted

1 10 3/4 ounce can chicken broth

2 1/4 cups milk

3 T flour

1 1/2 cup ham, diced

1 1/4 cups Velveeta, diced

1 T butter

parsley, chopped

Cook vegetables in water until crisp (start with carrots and celery, then broccoli and cauliflower). Heat broth and 1 1/2 cups milk in large saucepan. Blend flour and remainder of milk until smooth. Add ham and cheese. When cheese has melted, add cooked, undrained vegetables. Add butter and parsley.


No comments:

Post a Comment