Monday, November 16, 2009

Chicken Noodle Soup

I'm on Day 39 in the hospital on bedrest with my second child. My family and friends have brought me food from Pei Wei, Outback, Doubledaves, Carrabas, PF Changs, Antonio's, Chick-Fil-a, Thai Cuisine, Panera Bread, and Taco Deli. (Don't you worry, I've experienced countless meals from "Room Service" as well (that's what the hospital calls--THE CAFETERIA).

Tonight though, my sweet mother brought me a bowl of homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. It was delicious. I think Mom spent the entire day making it, starting with a trip to the grocery store and cooking a whole chicken (something I don't think I'll ever do).

I'm a pretty picky soup eater too--it has to be cool out, but I made an exception for Mom today and I'm so glad I did. Her soup was fantastic! I could taste the rosemary and Italian seasoning and the soup was filled with tender bits of celery and carrots.

She said the recipe was Paula Deen's and I wanted to share, it's a keeper!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/the-ladys-chicken-noodle-soup-recipe/index.html

Thanks for taking care of me Mom, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment