Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spinach and Fish Bake

Spinach and Fish Bake

1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup sharp chedddar cheese
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 pound cod fillets
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a bowl, mix the spinach, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, about 5T of bread crumbs, and the egg. Spread the mixture into the bottom of a small baking dish. Arrange the cod fillets on top of the spinach mixture. *I bought a pkg. of frozen cod fillets. There were only 2 in a 12 ounce package! They were thick, so I sliced them in half length-wise. Arrange the fillets on top of the spinach mixture and season with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining cheddar and bread crumbs.

Cover and bake 20 minutes in the preheated ove, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. *My fish wasn't done at this point (even after halving lengthwise!). I cooked about 10 more minutes at 325 degrees and then turned up the oven temp and cooked a few more. I think I would cook the dish at 350 next time for 20 minutes.
(Serves 4)
(http://www.allrecipes.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment