Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spiced Tea


This is a recipe from my sweet little Nana. I vividly rememer the hours I spent in her kitchen watching her cook, cooking with her, and eating her delicious meals. It was a wonderful place, so full of memories, smells, and happy times.

I lost my Nana about a year ago, she was 90 years young, but my memories in the kitchen with her live on.
Nana would make Spiced Tea when the weather started to cool off and we would drink it until it was gone. I obviously didn't drink coffee as a child, but it made me feel like such a grown up to be drinking something in a coffee cup! I love the smell, the taste, and especially the warm and happy feelings this recipe brings me.

I've never made it before, she always saved me a jar when she made it. I've been missing her and I made it with my family, to hopefully continue this tradition in our home. We miss you, Nana!
Some mornings, Riley asks for some Spiced Tea to drink in the car on the way to school. That's a huge step for a big hot chocolate fan!

Spiced Tea

1 18 oz. jar Tang (wow...they still make this stuff?)
1 cup instant tea (I had a hard time finding any without lemon)
2 1/2 cups sugar
20 oz. can lemonade
2 tsp. ground cloves
2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Blend all together in large container and store tightly. Nana would always use the Tang and lemonade containers to store hers in and give as a gift in a Mason jar. Enjoy! (Nana's recipe says 2 teaspoons per cup. That was never enough for me, I use 2-3 tablespoons.)

1 comment:

  1. That's a great way to remember your Nana and keep her memory alive.

    Haven't had Tang in years, though I still remember what it smells like :-)

    ReplyDelete