Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Dip

I found this in my recipe collection and have been anxious to make it. I figured Superbowl Sunday was perfectly appropriate. We didn't go to a party, didn't have one, we just enjoyed the game at home. Thankfully, my sister-in-law stayed with us that night, so I did have some assitance eating this stuff. I don't think I'd trust myself alone with a dish of it. Nope, I'm sure I wouldn't.

Jalapeno Popper Dip

2 pkgs cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayo
1 4 oz can diced green chiles (I used a 7 oz can, undrained)
1/2 of a 4 oz can diced jalapeno peppers (I used a 7 ounce can, undrained)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
**I also added 1/2-1 cup of Panko Japanese breadcrumbs with the Parmesan cheese for a good ol' crunch)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and mayo (trust me and use your mixer for this), stir until smooth. Stir in green chiles and jalapenos.


Transfer to a baking dish and top with Parmesan cheese (and if you're smart, you'll add that Panko!). Bake 30 minutes.


I served with sea salt pita chips.

Makes 4 cups.

(http://www.mixingbowl.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment