Thursday, February 10, 2011

Crockpot BBQ Chicken

Another Superbowl Sunday recipe for the family. It was so easy and tasted good too! Great for the beautiful weather we had that day!


Crockpot BBQ Chicken

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 3)
1 1/2 cups ketchup
3 T brown sugar
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T soy sauce
1 T cider vinegar
1 t. ground red hot pepper flakes
1/2 t. garlic powder (quite certain I used more)

Mix all sauce ingredients in slow cooker. Trim chicken and add to sauce. Coat well.

Cook on high 3-4 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked through. Then shred (I was able to do this in the crockpot) with fork. Mix shredded chicken with bbq sauce. Heat through and reduce heat to low.
Serve on hamburger buns or rolls. With pickles!

1 comment:

  1. Greetings! My wife can no longer eat onions or peppers, so I know what you go through. She loved BBQ, but had to give it up because every sauce we looked at had onions and peppers. So I made her a sauce that has no onions or peppers and we have been enjoying it for years. I am now selling it online at www.hacksbbq.com. I'll bet it would be good with your recipe!
    I'll keep checking in for more recipes!
    Thank you for your blog.
    Stephen Dodd

    ReplyDelete