Monday, August 31, 2009

Pan Seared Scallops


I love scallops and have been afraid to make them. No more! This was my first time to try it and I was so proud--they were yummy!!

Pan Seared Scallops

1 lb. sea scallops, fresh or frozen
2 T flour
1-2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
1 T oil
1 (10-oz) pkg spinach
1 T water
2 T balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup cooked bacon, crumbled

Thaw scallops if frozen. Rinse and pat dry with paper towel. (I saw on The Next Food Network Star that this is the most important part of cooking scallops, so dry them well!)

In a large ziploc bag, mix flour and Cajun sesasoning. Add scallops, toss, coating well.

In large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the scallops and cook for approximately 6 minutes until browned and scallops are opaque.

Remove scallops from skillet and keep warm.

Add spinach to skillet and sprinkle with water. Cover and cook over medium high heat until spinach is wilted; about 2 minutes.

Drizzle spinach with vinegar and toss well to coat. Add scallops and heat thoroughly. Sprinkle with bacon pieces and serve. (I totally forgot the bacon when I made these!)

(Serves 4)
(www.recipezaar.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment