Saturday, August 1, 2009

Peanut Noodle Salad

Oh goodness how I could eat this without sharing. It WAS delicious. I've been craving Asian food and since Russ doesn't love it, I sneak it in for lunch when Riley and I are at home! He enjoyed it with me!! (I did divide this one in half for just the two of us.)

Peanut Noodle Salad

2 large cucumbers
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. sesame oil
1/2 to 1 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1 16 oz. pkg, soba noodles or angel hair pasta, cooked
1 8 oz. pkg. shredded fresh carrot
NOT 6 green onions, cut diagonally into 1 1/2 inch pieces

Peel cucumbers; cut in half lengthwise, removing and discarding seeds. Cut cucumber halves into half moon shaped slices.

Whisk together soy sauce and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; add cucumber, pasta, carrot, and NOT onions, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 8 hours, if desired.


I couldn't wait with the 8 hour chill time. I did make it early so that the cucumbers and carrots were able to marinate in the dressing, went to run some errands, then came home to cook the noodles and add them. We ate it immediately and I was glad I only had a 3 1/2 year old to share with!!

(6-8 servings)
(Southern Living July 2002)

No comments:

Post a Comment