Saturday, August 1, 2009

Colby-Pepper Jack Cheese Dip

I made this one in May out at the ranch and never got around to posting it, so since I'm crossing things off my list, here it is. Robbye and I loved it! I ommitted the chicken--I don't think I like meat in my dips (unless it's queso, of course!).

Colby-Pepper Jack Cheese Dip

1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayo
1 T finely chopped chipotle in adobo sauce
2 T chili powder
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 cups shredded Colby -Jack cheese blend
1 4 oz. can chopped green chiles
NOT 4 green onions, finely chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Tortilla and sweet potato chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients until blended. Spoon cheese mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Spoon into serving bowl. Garnish, if desired, with cilantro. Serve with tortilla and sweet potato chips.

(10 servings)
(Southern Living November 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment