Monday, March 16, 2009

March 14, 2009

I wanted to make some sort of dessert with what I had on hand. For some reason, I had 3 cans of pumpkin in my pantry....and I only have one recipe that I use with canned pumpkin!! I tried this:

Pumpkin Crunch

1 can pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. salt
4 eggs
1 box yellow cake mix
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sliced almonds


Mix together pumpkin, milk, sugar, spice, salt, and eggs. Pour into greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle one box yellow cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Dot with butter. (I used less than one stick, not two!) Sprinkle almonds over butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

Russ wasn't crazy about the idea of pumpkin dessert, but really liked it. Riley and I were sold from the beginning. I think the almonds make it!!

2 comments:

  1. I made some spicy pumpkin bread today for church. I didn't get to try it, but it made the house smell great. It was super easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to swoop in on this one and Missy let me have a "bite" while I was there. DELICIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete