Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 10, 2009

Grilled Chicken and Veggies

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Italian dressing (I use Wishbone)
2 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
1 orange bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper

Place chicken breasts in large Ziploc bag and add Italian dressing to coat. Close and marinate 5-10 minutes.

Cut up peppers and zucchini and put into a large Ziploc bag.


Add Italian dressing to coat.

Heat grill to medium, put veggies on before chicken. Grill to desired degree of doneness.

Cream Corn
(I found this copycat of Rudy's cream corn at texasmonthly.com)

2 lb. frozen corn
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 stick butter
1 T sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
salt and pepper to taste

Put all ingredients in medium saucepan on low heat until cream cheese and butter are melted. Stir occasionally.


(I halved this for our family of 3 and it was plenty. I also used half and half because I had it in the refrigerator and it worked fine. Even though I halved it, I still used 1 T sugar.)

Great dinner, we loved it AND it was easy. Russ said about the creamed corn, "Rudy's would be jealous."

No comments:

Post a Comment