Thursday, September 6, 2012

Easy Shrimp Pasta for Two

 
I originally intended to make something else for dinner but didn't have time to swing by the grocery store for dinner tonight.  Looking through my recipe stash I found this one which had pretty simple ingredients that I usually have on hand.  It was a winner!!!

Easy Shrimp Pasta for Two
(I doubled it for my family of 4)

2 T balsamic vinaigrette dressing
1/2 lb shrimp, cleaned
3/4 cup chopped tomatoes (about 1 medium)
2 oz (1/4 pkg) cream cheese, cubed
2 T freshly chopped basil
1/4 lb (4 oz) fettuccine, cooked and drained
2 T shredded Parmesan
*I added a bunch of asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces

Pour dressing over shrimp in small bowl; cover.  Refrigerate 20 minutes to marinate.  Heat large skillet on medium heat; add shrimp.  Cook 3 minutes or until they turn pink, stirring frequently.  Remove from skillet, using slotted spoon and set aside.

Add tomatoes, (and asparagus if you like) reserved marinade, cream cheese, and 1 T basil to skillet; cook and stir 3 minutes until well blended; set aside.  I added a couple of tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt to lighten up the sauce just a little.  Add shrimp; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Serve fettuccine covered in shrimp mixture.  Sprinkle with basil, cheese, and a few more chopped tomatoes.

(www.kraftfoods.com)
(Serves 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment