Monday, August 27, 2012

Orange Beef Pasta

This was a great weeknight, quick delicious dinner.  A stir fry with a noodle twist!  We all liked it....and I added extra carrots and used an entire bag of frozen broccoli instead of snow peas.  I think edamame would be super to add as well. This was a hit with everyone at my house, especially the 6 year old!

Orange Beef Pasta

8 oz package vermicelli
1 T vegetable oil
2 carrots, cut into 1/4 inch slices (I used 4)
1 1/2 cups snow peas, trimmed (I used a bag of frozen broccoli...the whole thing!)
1 14 oz can beef broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup orange marmalade (I probably added 2 more tablespoons after tasting and the orange wasn't highlighted as much as I'd like.  Also added a couple of tablespoons of orange juice)
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 lb. cooked beef for stir fry (I cooked it in a little sesame oil, pepper, and a few shakes of soy sauce)
Toasted sesame seeds (optional)

Saute beef as directed above.  Then prepare pasta according to package directions.

Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat.  Add carrots and snow peas, and stir fry 4-5 minutes or until crisp tender.  Stir in beef broth, soy sauce, marmalade, and red pepper.

Bring to a boil.  Remove from heat; add beef and hot cooked pasta; toss well to combine.  Serve immediately.  Top with toasted sesame seeds if desired.

(Southern Living September 2008)
(Serves 4-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment