Monday, March 28, 2011

Kickin' Chicken

I found this recipe while browsing PW's Tasty Kitchen. It seemed simple enough, with ingredients I usually have on hand (except the jerk seasoning, which I couldn't find at the store, so I used a Cajun spice from my cabinet--Slap Yo Mama!). I left out the red pepper flakes because the boys were eating it with us and the BBQ sauce and the seasoning made it spicy, but not too spicy for the boys).

It was great, we were pleased, and we even had an unexpected visitor for dinner that night and he loved it too. There wasn't a bite left. I consider that successful!

I even think this would be great as a marinade and grilled. I'll try that next time.
After we refill the propane tanks!!

Kickin' Chicken

8 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I cut 4 in half)
1 cup crushed pineapple, not drained
1/2 cup KC Masterpiece Origianl BBQ sauce
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp Jamaican Jerk seasoning (I used Slap Yo Mama)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place all chicken breasts in 9x13 baking dish. In medium bowl, mix all other ingredients well then pour over top of chicken breasts. With a fork, poke holes in chicken breast, making sure to pick up chicken so sauce coats all around and also is underneath during baking. Bake in oven approximately 35 minutes.

(Mine just a little dry, probably because I cut the breasts in half and should've baked them a little less.)

I served with roasted cauliflower and asparagus. That was gobbled up too!

1 comment:

  1. I love Jerk Seasoning but it is spicy so it's proabably best you substituted it. I'll have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete