Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Baked Oatmeal-Crusted Tilapia with Lemon Mayo

I try to keep tilapia fillets in the freezer because Riley will gobble this fish up. Salmon, not so much. It's a pretty family friendly fish, so I'm always looking for something new to do with it. The oatmeal in this one intrigued me, so I went for it...and it was gobbled up!

Baked Oatmeal-Crusted Tilapia with Lemon Mayo

4 whole tilapia fillets (fresh or frozen)
2 cups quick oats (I think 1 cup would be plenty, I had a lot to throw away)
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
NOT 1 T fresh chives
2 T parsley (I actually used dill...and less than 2T)
salt and pepper to taste
4 T lowfat mayo
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
1 tsp lemon juice

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner. Defrost/rinse fish and pat dry. Place fish fillets on the baking sheet.

In a bowl, mix together oats, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, NO chives, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly. In separate bowl, measure out mayo before adding lemon rind and juice. Stir.

Spoon mayo onto tops of fish and top with dry coating.

Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes when forked.

I served this one with asparagus and maple glazed carrots.

(Serves 4)
(www.tastykitchen.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment