Monday, November 29, 2010

Tangy Turkey Salad

This was a yummy, unique way to use up some Thanksgiving turkey leftovers. The cranberries and oranges appealed to me, so I gave it a shot. I don't love pecans, put I put them in there anyway and liked them in this recipe. This was a refreshing alternative to the typical turkey/chicken/tuna salad.







Tangy Turkey Salad


2 cups cooked turkey breast, cubed
1/2 cup cranberries, finely chopped
1 orange, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp. mustard
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 chopped pecans

In large bowl, combine all ingredients; chill. Serve on the bread of your choice.



(Makes about 6 sandwiches.)
(From Gooseberry Patch's Harvest Kitchen Cookbook)

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I always just slice the turkey and put some cranberry sauce on it and call it a day, but I want to try this next time. looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful holiday.

    Hugs,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete