Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce


Last year I ate my Thanksgiving meal in a hospital bed and still had another month to go on bedrest. My wonderful family came to visit, of course, bearing Thanksgiving food from home. I was thrilled to receive this, of course, but couldn't have been more disappointed in one thing...

THERE WAS NO CRANBERRY SAUCE! AAAAAH!

If I wasn't so incredibly thankful, it would've ruined my meal! I didn't let it though, but this year I took the cranberries into my own hands and made them myself, my first attempt at cranberry sauce and I was thrilled with the turnout. I even heard my very traditional, "keep things the same" father-in-law say that he tried it and liked it (even though he usually prefers the jelly kind in a can )! Maybe I've converted him? Nah, I don't think so.

The recipe was Pioneer Woman's. I saw it on her website and was immediately sucked in because of the beautiful cranberry photos. It's as delicious as it looks!!

Pioneer Woman's Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce

1 bag (about 12 To 16 Oz) Fresh Cranberries
16 ounces, fluid Pomegranate Juice
¾ cups Sugar, More Or Less To Taste

Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Mixture will thicken as it cooks, and will thicken more as it cools.

Cool in a jar or bowl in the fridge.






No comments:

Post a Comment