Sunday, October 24, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower

I've never cooked cauliflower before. Never really grew up eating it, it isn't something that I have in my repitoire. I have bought it and chopped it up to make my mom's yummy Broccoli Cheese Soup though.

When I saw this recipe in Southern Living, I tore it out, feeling inspired to try a new veggie at our house.

When my husband saw me cutting this one up, he said, "I'm not eating that." Great...off to a good start with this one.

Roasted Cauliflower

2 T olive oil
1 head cauliflower (about 1 1/2 lb.)
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle a 15x10 jelly roll pan with 1 T olive oil. Cut cauliflower vertically into 1/4-inch thick slices. Arrange in a single layer on prepared pan. Drizzle cauliflower with remaining olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with salt to taste.





Not only is it beautiful, but I loved it (and didn't really have high expectations proud I gave it a try), Hubby ate it AND liked it, AND 4 year old loved it and after dinner asked me when I was going to make that white broccoli stuff again. He ate every bit of his...and asked for more! And the next trip to H.E.B., Riley saw the cauliflower and told me we needed to buy one!

It's amazing how happy a little cauliflower made me!

No comments:

Post a Comment