Monday, June 28, 2010

Rosemary Chicken

This was even better than I thought it would be....I love it when that happens.  It was a hit with everyone in the house, not just me.  This was so yummy (and easy), I will definitely make again soon!

Rosemary Chicken

3/4 cup Grape Nuts cereal
1/2 tsp. garlic salt (I probably used 1 tsp.)
1/2 tsp. dried rosemary leaves, crushed (I used fresh from my backyard...and more than 1/2 tsp.)
1/8 tsp. pepper (more again, to taste)
1 lb. chicken breasts, halved (I used chicken tenders and would do it again)
1 T vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place cereal in blender container (I used my mini chopper); cover.  Blend on low speed until cereal is finely crushed.  Mix with seasonings in shallow dish.

Brush chicken lightly with oil, then dip into cereal mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides.  Place in greast 15x10x1 baking dish or on greased baking sheet.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

(Serves 4)
(Kraft Food and Family Magazine Fall 2004)

1 comment:

  1. I love rosemary but not so much on that cereal. Maybe this would be a great way to disguise it because it looks delicious. ha ha!

    Thanks for your compliments on my blog today. I appreciate them so much.

    ReplyDelete