Sunday, February 7, 2010

Grilled Ham and Cheese Waffle Sandwiches

The only thing odd about these that I questioned was the mustard. I'm not a huge fan of mustard in the first place, but I followed directions anyway. And proceeded to dip this one in some good ol' maple syrup. And I loved it! The boys missed out and didn't want one...I think they were afraid. But Riley had a bite of my breakfast sandwich and requested one for his lunch. Score!!

Grilled Ham and Cheese Waffle Sandwiches

8 frozen toaster waffles
1 T Dijon mustard (I used regular)
1/2 pound sliced deli ham
1/4 pound cheddar, thinly sliced
4 T unsalted butter

Place 4 of the waffles on a work surface. Spread one side of each with the mustard.


Top with ham, cheese, and remaining waffles.


Spread the top of each sandwich with 1/2 tsp. of the butter.


Melt the remaining butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place the sandwiches in the skillet, buttered-side up. Cook, pressing occasionally with the back of a spatula, until the cheese melts and the waffles are golden, 3-4 minutes on each side.


(Serves 4)
(Real Simple, December 2005)

3 comments:

  1. Hi first time here. The waffle looks so good! From the name of your blog, I'm wondering if you hate onions, too? My husband abhors them. Seriously. He cannot eat anything if there are onions in it. Anyway, you have a lovely blog here. Will be back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do HATE onions!! Thankfully my husband doesn't like them either. I leave them out of everything I cook and usually use garlic as a flavor substitute.

    I'm glad you like the blog, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made these before but it was just a result of my cravings. I added a little apple jelly in there instead of maple syrup and I thinly sliced up an apple. yum!

    ReplyDelete