Saturday, January 9, 2010

Veggie Pinwheels

I'm always looking for another way to squeeze in veggies around here, especially into my 4 year old. He's really good about eating them, but I still push them in. I thought this would be a great after school snack for us to make together and taste yummy too!

Veggie Pinwheels

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 T finely chopped fresh dill
1 T lemon juice
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper (I left this one out)
1/2 cup tiny frozen peas, thawed
1 cup fresh broccoli, steamed, cooled, and chopped
6 whole wheat flour tortillas

In a bowl, blend together the cream cheese, dill, lemon juice, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper using a rubber spatula. Gently fold in vegetables.Spread some onto each tortilla (tip: warm them slightly, so they roll nicely) leaving 1 inch around the edges. Then, starting from the bottom roll tortillas up tightly. If you're making these ahead, wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap and refrigerate. When you're ready to serve, slice each tortilla crosswise into as many pinwheels as you like.

**I think we would like this as a dip with carrots too. Riley tested out the filling while I spread the tortillas. My helper became my taste tester!**

(Serves 4)
(http://www.wondertime.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment