Friday, January 30, 2009

January 29, 2009

I needed a quick fix for dinner so that I could attend Family Science Night at school (Our class project won 2nd place--Toothpaste: Solid or Liquid?) My standby:

Chalupas

tostada shells
refried beans
sour cream
cheese
tomato
avocado
black olives

Spread the shell with refried beans and sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-6 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from broiler and top as desired. Riley eats the tomatoes, avocado, and olives off of the top and then eats the chalupa!

I'm always prepared to make this--I never know when something might pop up.

Guess I'll have to make what I planned for tonight next week.

2 comments:

  1. These are a favorite of mine too! Sometimes I add taco meat or grilled chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog! I've been wanting some new inspiration for meals so I'm really glad you're sharing all of this! I made chalupas last night. Don't know why I hadn't thought of it before but they are one of my favorites too and I love how easy they are!

    ReplyDelete