Thursday, January 29, 2009

January 28, 2009



Tuna Cornbread Cakes

1 6 oz. pkg buttermilk cornbread mix (I used Martha White White Cornbread Mix)
2/3 cup milk
2 T. mayo
NOT 3 green onions, thinly sliced
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 T chopped fresh parsley
1 t. Old Bay seasoning
1 t Worcestershire sauce
2 5 oz. pouches of herb and garlic flavored light tuna chunks
3 T butter
3 T vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 425. Stir together cornbread mix and 2/3 cup milk. Pour batter into lightly greased 8 inch square pan.

Bake at 425 for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes or just until warm.

Stir together mayo and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.

Crumble cornbread to equal 2 cups (more than half of cornbread, but not all of it). Fold cornbread crumbs and tuna into mayo mixture until well blended. Shape tuna mixture into 8 3 1/2 inch patties.

**I used my Pampered Chef large scoop to scoop and then flattened in skillet with spatula! Less mess!**

Melt 3 T butter and veg oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. (I used 2 T butter and 2 T vegetable oil.) Add tuna patties and cook, in batches, 3 minutes on each side (or until golden brown); drain on paper towels.

Serve with Lemon Aioli. I served with tartar sauce.
Makes 4 servings (2 each); using the scoop, I made about 12 cakes.

From Southern Living

Parmesan Spaghetti Squash

1 spaghetti squash, about 3 pounds
2 T water
3 t. butter
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Truffle oil, or a pinch of ground nutmeg (optional)
NO chopped fresh chives (for garnish)

Wash squash; pierce 10-15 times with a fork. Cook squash in a pot of lightly salted boiling water until soft to the touch, about 30-35 minutes. Drain. Cut squash in half lengthwise and let cool briefly. Remove seeds. Using fork, scrape squash into strands. Transfer squash into medium saute pan.

Addd 2 T water to the pan and set over medium heat. Cook until squash is tender, about 2 minutes. Add the butter and cheese; toss until the butter melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle lightly with truffle oil or nutmeg, if desired. Garnish with chives. Serves 6.

From Austin American Statesman via The San Francisco Cronicle

3 comments:

  1. I don't know where you find the time, but I'm sure glad that you do. I can't wait to try some of these recipes! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh. The tuna cornbread things sounds yuckola. Were they good? I love both things, but I'm not too sure about them together?? Hm. Tell me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the Tuna Cornbread Cakes more than I thought I would! Russ liked 'em too.

    ReplyDelete