Monday, May 11, 2009

Filet Mignon, Grilled Vegetables, and 3 Bean Edamame Salad

Grilled Vegetables
Tonight we tried something new--fingerling potatoes. I washed them, sliced them in half lengthwise, and tossed them in olive oil, salt, and pepper. They were great...and they didn't take long to grill--about as long as the summer squash and zucchini did.


3 Bean Edamame Salad

1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can blackeyed peas, drained and rinsed
NOT 1/2 cup chopped red onion
2 cups thinly sliced celery (I skipped this one too)
zest & juice from 1 lime
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves finely chopped garlic
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Heat oil in skillet until hot but not smoking; add cumin and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds. Pour into large heatproof bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and stir well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (In my opinion, it tastes better the longer you wait before serving, even overnight.)

My friend Rachael posted this recipe and I tried it the day I read it. It was refreshing and we loved it (even without the onion and celery). My picky father-in-law tried it (I was impressed) and Riley served himself seconds!

Thanks for sharing Rachael!

No comments:

Post a Comment